The best move into a storage unit starts with a plan. Here are some tips to get you started.
- Don't store what you don't need. Save time, money and space by donating items you no longer want or by having a yard sale.
- When moving into your storage unit, keep room in the center to walk through. You can then access both sides
from front to back. Make sure to also keep frequently used items in the front of the unit.
- Do not keep fuel, paint and thinners in units
- Accurately label boxes on all sides with the room and contents of the box.
- Place your storage items on boards or pallets to guard against dampness. Concrete floors may become cold & damp.
- Double check your lock and make sure it is locked properly
- Be sure to read the lease. Know our policies on moving out, paying rent, and other important information.